Sunday 10 October 2010

Koukouli Couple (Roy and Effi)


Roy and Effi (Ainlie) Hounsell's Place in the village of Koukouli, Zagori, is still looking as immaculate as always.

If anyone is curious as to why anyone might choose to leave Corfu to live in a remote mountain village on the mainland, part of the answer can be found in Roy's "The Papas and the Englishman: From Corfu to Zagoria"

Both Roy and Effi have also written some excellent short stories set in Greece, which I understand have been published by Greek-o-File

Update 1st November 2014.

I was very sad to learn that the funeral of Effi (Ainlie) took place yesterday, 31 October 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Ilkley calling Koukouli!

    A voice from the past with an epistle longer than most. I shouldn't have left it this long and there's no excuse for doing so. Perhaps the easiest way is to look at my blogs. At least one then follow the big yellow duck. While we all get over the shock I'll keep it short and hope this reaches you.

    Love to all

    Frazer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Miss them ! I met them a few years ago...

    ReplyDelete