Friday 3 December 2010

The Wolf is Back (Howlin' Wolf) - for Ian

This one's for Ian and family. Not the ideal Christmas or New Year's song!

Going Down Slow

Did you know that the spoken introduction is by Willie Dixon, not Howlin' Wolf?


I Have Had My Fun  

Man, you know I’ve enjoyed things that Kings and Queens will never have-
In fact Kings and Queens will never get-
And they don’t even know about,
And good times, ooohmmm!

I have had my fun….

Now looka-here,
I did not say I was a millionaire
But I said I’ve spent more money than a millionaire.
If I had kept all the money I’ve already spent
I would have been a millionaire a long time ago-
And women! Googlie-mooglie!

I have had my fun...


Another cool-cat song, more suitable for the Christmas shopping season:

Shoppin' for Clothes, by The Coasters. Ian is right about the brilliant inventive wit and poetic comic narrative of so many Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller lyrics.

"Try it on, stand in the mirror and dig yourself ".

It takes me back to schooldays in Bruton, Somerset, going to the "out of bounds" cafe with a juke-box where everyone selected "Yakety-Yak" and "Charlie Brown".

2 comments:

  1. Probably one of my favorite Howlin' Wolf tracks. Gosh, that man had some voice!

    PS Corfu Bluesman: We gotta get you on Blindman's Blues Forum. Please stop by! Just Google Blindman's Blues Forum and a link will direct you to the site.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment.I've registered, but I haven't quite worked out what to do next!

    ReplyDelete