Friday 9 December 2011

The Oxbridge Interview, some tips from Fielding

Nice one, Fielding. I didn't meet Mr Amis, but I know what you mean.

When I sat the entrance exams for King's College, Cambridge, at around the same time and year, I got alphas for all the literature papers, but I did woefully on the Biblical Knowledge exam. I can't even remember the interview.

Discrimination? Scripture lessons were never my strong point.

I always imagine I won a place at Oxford, soon afterwards, largely because of an original essay on the treatment of disabled people, with reference to Kafka's short story 'Metamorphosis'.

Where the education system failed a lot of talented people who may have lacked something in self-confidence in their teens was the failure to provide training in interview technique and CV writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment