Thursday 18 April 2013

Durdle Door Path - and a Fractured Ankle


The path down to Durdle Door is very hazardous, because of the uneven loose stones that have been used to cover it. I fractured a bone in my ankle there this morning, having slipped on the scree-like stones. According to the doctor who treated me in Dorchester County Hospital, such injuries are quite common on the path down to Durdle Door. So now my leg and foot are in plaster, and I will have to use crutches for the next six weeks.



Reaction!


Jack's photos, shortly after my injury. 
A very windy day.


I shall also miss most of the South-West Coastal Path project walks that my walking group has planned.

A Durdle Bore.

S.T. Coleridge, This Lime-tree Bower My Prison

More details about the area (mostly geology).

Fractured, Freddie Cannon (poor YouTube video)


Update, New Cast:


Lovely designer armchair, too much information!

No comments:

Post a Comment