Tuesday 3 May 2016

"Home" in US Country Music



A selection of sentimental (but soulful) songs about home - dedicated to expats, the nostalgic and the homesick everywhere:

My Home Town, Ferlin Husky

Home, Jerry Lee Lewis

The Old Home, Hank Williams

Rank Stranger, Stanley Brothers

My Clinch Mountain Home, The Carter Family

My Ozark Mountain Home, George Edgin's Corn Dodgers

We're Gonna Move, Elvis Presley

Green, Green Grass of Home, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash

Take Me Home, Country Roads, John Denver

500 Miles from Home, Bobby Bare

I Want to Go Home, Johnny Cash

Blue Ridge Mountain Home, Flatt and Scruggs

My Dear Old Southern Home, Doc Watson

No Place Like Home, Randy Travis

Mountain home, sweet home, Roy Acuff 

I'm Comin' Home, Carl Mann

Daddy and Home, Jimmie Rodgers

Waiting for a Train, Jimmie Rodgers

My Nova Scotia Home, Hank Snow

I'm on my way back to the old home, Bill Monroe

Little Cabin Home on the Hill, Bill Monroe and Lester Flatt


Not quite country:

Bob Dylan's Dream, Bob Dylan

Memphis, Tennessee, Chuck Berry

Home I'll Never Be, Tom Waits

Grasshoppers in my Pillow, Leadbelly

Sweet Home Chicago, Magic Sam

I believe I'll go back home, John Lee Hooker

I believe I'll go back home,  William and Versey Smith

I'm Goin' Home, Charlie Patton

Bless This House, Mahalia Jackson


and, for contrast, two Greek songs:


Αντώνης Καλογιάννης - ΤΟ ΣΠΙΤΙ ΜΟΥ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΜΙΚΡΟ

Μια νυχτερίδα στη σκεπή

No comments:

Post a Comment